What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My garage looks cool

NickTruman

The kitcar has arrived back from Bahrain, and at last its parked next to the Dino. Years ago i photoshopped this picture using a toy Zonda, this looks much better..

We had a bit of hassle getting it out of the 20' container but all is good now :)

DSC_5395.jpg

DSC_5399.jpg

DSC_5402.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you managed to unload it Nick. Looked like a good solution was found.

I'll try to get over to inspect it in the next few weeks:thumbsup:

I would normally not pass comment but I hope you have to do a lot of work. The body work is well... a bit rough :cry:
I don't much see the point of replicas of any kind though this does not quite look like a replica yet.

I'm out on this.

Which engine has this fine looking beast got in it?

5.3 V12 what?
Thayk you, it will be nice when its finished. Its just a PRE HE Jag V12 from a 1978 XJS. I bought it on ebay for £70. The car goes like a rocket, seriously fast.

I would have left it in the skip, that's just wrong :hmmm:

What skip? Whats wrong with it? I would understand if i said it was finished, but I havent. It hasnt even got a front screen!

I would normally not pass comment but I hope you have to do a lot of work. The body work is well... a bit rough :cry:
I don't much see the point of replicas of any kind though this does not quite look like a replica yet.

I'm out on this.

Hi Malc
I have already said this body is rough. It isn't meant to be a replica. I wanted to make something from scratch and I like the shape of the zonda. The finish on the back is lovely but the front and doors are bad.

take no notice Nick. :grin:

I suggest anyone interested go and look at Nick's thread in the other place where the construction of the car is fully documented. Nick admits that there is still a long way to top o0n the bodywork, but the rest of his journey in building the car is fascinating:thumbsup:

I suggest anyone interested go and look at Nick's thread in the other place where the construction of the car is fully documented. Nick admits that there is still a long way to top o0n the bodywork, but the rest of his journey in building the car is fascinating:thumbsup:

Thanks Francis, don't worry I am used to it, for every 10s of 1000s of thumbs up msgs and emails I get a couple of derogatory ones. I really don't understand though why people have to be rude especially as I am very open about it not being finished. Even in the kitcar forums very few actually make a car from scratch, normally they re-skin a MR2 or Fiero and drive off in a lambo or ferrari look-a-like. My car is not like that and was never meant to be like that.

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nick's thread of ferrichat is facinating reading. Really annoyed when he moved abroad for a while. :mad: :grin: and posted very little. :cry3:

Looking forward to the progress. :thumbsup:

Thanks Francis, don't worry I am used to it, for every 10s of 1000s of thumbs up msgs and emails I get a couple of derogatory ones. I really don't understand though why people have to be rude especially as I am very open about it not being finished. Even in the kitcar forums very few actually make a car from scratch, normally they re-skin a MR2 or Fiero and drive off in a lambo or ferrari look-a-like. My car is not like that and was never meant to be like that.

I'm not being rude, just honest.