What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My garage looks cool

look what happened to my Garage when my daughter finished uni.....:cry3::cry3::cry3:garage.jpg

tragic......and i had it all nicely clear...:cry3:

Wrong, calling it a total sheite heap would be rude.

Chris - why don't you go and read Nick's long thread over on Fchat about how he built his car from old bits bought on ebay before coming over clever clever and obnoxious.

If and when you have achieved something similar I might be prepared to take note of your opinion:mad:

I think Chris is quite entitled to express a view Francis :thumbsup:

x 2. Much as I disagree with Chris on this, it's "his" opinion and he's entitled to express it. Franny, back in your box please. :)
(or leave the box altogether... but that's another story) :wink3:

x 2. Much as I disagree with Chris on this, it's "his" opinion and he's entitled to express it. Franny, back in your box please. :)
(or leave the box altogether... but that's another story) :wink3:

I refer you to my previous post no 28:thumbsup:

I believe that even as a mod I am entitled to disagree with a poster:grin:

Chris - why don't you go and read Nick's long thread over on Fchat about how he built his car from old bits bought on ebay before coming over clever clever and obnoxious.

If and when you have achieved something similar I might be prepared to take note of your opinion:mad:

I'm not coming over clever and certainly not obnoxious, Nick posted up that his garage looked cool, in MY opinion it doesn't(although I do like GT4's:thumbsup:) He may have lots of time on his hands to build that thing, but it doesn't make it any good, not just looks but engineering.
And as for what I have achieved :laugh::laugh: take a look at yourself first:thumbsup:

I'm not coming over clever and certainly not obnoxious, Nick posted up that his garage looked cool, in MY opinion it doesn't(although I do like GT4's:thumbsup:) He may have lots of time on his hands to build that thing, but it doesn't make it any good, not just looks but engineering.
And as for what I have achieved :laugh::laugh: take a look at yourself first:thumbsup:

I accept YOUR opinion for what it is. No problem with that :thumbsup::)

I don't exactly understand where what I have achieved in anything either here or in life comes in to this, but I've no doubt you'll tell me:laugh:

Maybe you could now enlighten us with an engineering critique of how Nick has built his car from scratch and where he has gone wrong. I am interested - honestly:hmmm:

I don't exactly understand where what I have achieved in anything either here or in life comes in to this, but I've no doubt you'll tell me:laugh:

Maybe you could now enlighten us with an engineering critique of how Nick has built his car from scratch and where he has gone wrong. I am interested - honestly:hmmm:

Me too! I built a car from scratch that does 0 - 60 in 4 secs and is capable of just under 190 mph, it may not look pretty (yet) but engineering wise and technically its sound.. I even made the ECU and carpc, not that makes any difference.

Francis you mentioned what Chris had/hadnt achieved in your last post :)

You brought achievements up not me, I have built and run race cars, and re built a few road cars :thumbsup:
Look at the size of the brakes, and the position of the wheels to the body work :hmmm:
Come on franny, even you can't say it's a looker,

You brought achievements up not me, I have built and run race cars, and re built a few road cars :thumbsup:
Look at the size of the brakes, and the position of the wheels to the body work :hmmm:

Aha

Now you are starting a proper conversation about the engineering merits of the car, which I am sure Nick will be happy to discuss. The looks are neither here nor there, as he has pretty much written.

:thumbsup:

I copied the wheelbase and exact dimensions of the Zonda C12. As for the brakes, that is what came with the ford granada scorpio I used for drive shafts, stub axles, steeering, abs etc..

So track/wheelbase and all that tosh are paganni's, It was going to be a convertible but then i liked the loook of the cinque and made a roof to fit an elise windscreen (which sadly I dropped)

I guess if you dont like the zonda then you wont like the shape of this.

When it had its beautiful exhaust made in Bahrain it attracted crowds of 100s, all who loved it, the only neg comment was based on the not having a 4 point harness.

It is work in progress, but I think you know that anyway.

If you want to know why the wheels are where they are:

http://www.pagani.com/en/zonda/zonda_C12/default.aspx

Last edited:
I copied the wheelbase and exact dimensions of the Zonda C12. As for the brakes, that is what came with the ford granada scorpio I used for drive shafts, stub axles, steeering, abs etc..

So track/wheelbase and all that tosh are paganni's, It was going to be a convertible but then i liked the loook of the cinque and made a roof to fit an elise windscreen (which sadly I dropped)

I guess if you dont like the zonda then you wont like the shape of this.

When it had its beautiful exhaust made in Bahrain it attracted crowds of 100s, all who loved it, the only neg comment was based on the not having a 4 point harness.

It is work in progress, but I think you know that anyway.

If you want to know why the wheels are where they are:

http://www.pagani.com/en/zonda/zonda_C12/default.aspx
At the risk of being thought rude...(I don't frequent FChat so some of this may already be known).

- Are you being serious that you have a car you believe will do a 4sec 0-60mph and 190mph but are using Scorpio brakes and the other key drivetrain bits? Genuine question. (I assume Horacio doesn't use Scorpio bits and bobs on his cars. Certainly was well cleaned up at the factory if what I saw was from a 90s Ford :) - that's not a genuine question).

- Wheelbase and track may be the same as Pagani's, but there are a lot more facets to chassis engineering than these dimensions. Did you emulate the suspension pick ups and critical dimensions? And is it made from similar or better materials? More genuine questions.

- I know you said you were disappointed with the bodywork (thankfully!) but had that car appearred on a well known thread on here about replicas/Barry'd up motors, it would have had everyone making comment and none of it positive. The danger with posting stuff up on the internet is you're encouraging critique, both positive and negative. You can't be selective about it...especially when your bodywork chap used a spoon and fork to craft your panels :) (The holes in the rear panels look to be different shapes to me btw. A bit like the shelves I made the other week)

I admire anyone giving something a go they've always wanted to do. But never fail to be bemused at how long people persevere...and I find it a little bit scary that home brewed kit like this, with such performance potential, is allowed on the public roads with little in the way of empirical testing. You have way bigger balls than me if you do 19mph in it. Let alone 190mph.