What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My garage looks cool

At the risk of being thought rude...(I don't frequent FChat so some of this may already be known).

- Are you being serious that you have a car you believe will do a 4sec 0-60mph and 190mph but are using Scorpio brakes and the other key drivetrain bits? Genuine question. (I assume Horacio doesn't use Scorpio bits and bobs on his cars. Certainly was well cleaned up at the factory if what I saw was from a 90s Ford :) - that's not a genuine question).

- Wheelbase and track may be the same as Pagani's, but there are a lot more facets to chassis engineering than these dimensions. Did you emulate the suspension pick ups and critical dimensions? And is it made from similar or better materials? More genuine questions.

- I know you said you were disappointed with the bodywork (thankfully!) but had that car appearred on a well known thread on here about replicas/Barry'd up motors, it would have had everyone making comment and none of it positive. The danger with posting stuff up on the internet is you're encouraging critique, both positive and negative. You can't be selective about it...especially when your bodywork chap used a spoon and fork to craft your panels :) (The holes in the rear panels look to be different shapes to me btw. A bit like the shelves I made the other week)

I admire anyone giving something a go they've always wanted to do. But never fail to be bemused at how long people persevere...and I find it a little bit scary that home brewed kit like this, with such performance potential, is allowed on the public roads with little in the way of empirical testing. You have way bigger balls than me if you do 19mph in it. Let alone 190mph.

i'm not sensitive at all the car is all over the internet and has been for 3 years +..

However, I genuinely thought that people here would be interested, if not, I dont really care. I'll just go back to fchat and madmechanics where the patrons seem a little more into cars and offer advice if they see something wrong..

The car was tested in Bahrain and registered as a track car at the F1 circuit by the bahrain motor federation.

i'm not sensitive at all the car is all over the internet and has been for 3 years +..

However, I genuinely thought that people here would be interested, if not, I dont really care. I'll just go back to fchat and madmechanics where the patrons seem a little more into cars and offer advice if they see something wrong..

The car was tested in Bahrain and registered as a track car at the F1 circuit by the bahrain motor federation.

Please don't leave Nick - they'll get to know you and appreciate your project:thumbsup:

Please don't leave Nick - they'll get to know you and appreciate your project:thumbsup:

LOL, some of anoracks here remind me of similar folk on Pistonheads (maybe one and the same??), I decided that life was way TOO short and I have worked way too hard for that type of nonsense.

For someone who's not sensitive you seem a bit...sensitive.

There are evidently a number on here who are genuinely interested (for both the good and the "not so" reasons), so why bugger off? And why do you take a little bit of negative criticism as people not being as "into" cars as elsewhere? I absolutely loathe MkI Nissan Micras. Doesn't mean I'm not into my cars just because I'm not overly keen on one particular one :)

As for offering advice, I guess it depends what sort of advice you're after.

- if it's a dream, keep at it.
- if you're not keen on negativity, be careful what you post and where.
- on the body work, I'd start again and probably wouldn't do something that's so clearly trying to emulate a well executed design. Do you have pictures of it without the panels on?
- on the mechanicals, I'd be seriously wary of creating something with a performance envelope as you're noting with parts not designed for the job and/or seriously tested to ensure they can cope.

Well I've trawled Fchat, cant find nothing,how about a link so as we who are interested can see its creation from birth?:thumbsup:

Well I've trawled Fchat, cant find nothing,how about a link so as we who are interested can see its creation from birth?:thumbsup:

Here you are:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184156

I have no idea what is going on here or why this seems to have got heated..

I dont like it when people make rude comments, sorry about that, I don't think its required.. But that doesnt make me sensitive, just someone who fails to see the merit in ingternet flaming.

anyway, I appologise for that..

As for my car...

It is work in progress, the mechanical bits are all done, there is still more I would like to do more but I don't have limitless funds (in fact I don't have a job at the moment :( )
I paid a guy in Bahrain to make my body good, but it didnt work. A factory made the rear section and teh engine cover and its awesome. However the doors and the bonnet need reworking (Not starting from scratch). I have some ideas how to make the panels flat, and when i get some funds I will do that make molds of the 3 affected parts..##As for legality.
The car drives really nicely, it has the steering of the Granada with the electric powersteering system of an Astra, the brakes are awesome.. but i would like bigger brakes, for cosmetic reasons more than anything else.
For the SVA/IVA the car still is registered as a granada, the logbook shows that the granada had the V12 fitted. However, there is some tidying up of wires, changing the seat belt bolts to high tensile etc.. it needs side markers and a rear number plate light.

The idea was to make a "supercar" entirely from scrap/ebay and for nect to nothing, and that is exactly what i have done. Also i wanted to make every single part of the car, this included as I already said the ECU. Taking an old V12, grafting it to an audi transaxle, making the drivesfhaft adapters and converting the front granada struts to wishbone suspension, it was great fun! I made LOADS of mistakes, most of which are documented on either madmechanics, youtube, photobucket or fchat.

At the serious risk of more abuse ;)
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184156
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/13634-zonda-replica-kitcar-build.html
http://photobucket.com/NickT
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nicktruman

they replied and said they would love to help but .. their quality control dictates that any inferior parts get recycled, ho hum.here is everything I have.. BTW I emailed Pagani and told them what i was doing. They replied and said they would love to help but any parts not perfect get recycled ho hum

Hi Nick. Firstly I admire your balls for doing this and posting it on the internet, fair play to you.

Secondly, couple of comments, do you really think that the braking system is up to the potential power of this car? And why go for the jag v12?

Serious questions by the way.

Hi Nick. Firstly I admire your balls for doing this and posting it on the internet, fair play to you.

Secondly, couple of comments, do you really think that the braking system is up to the potential power of this car? And why go for the jag v12?

Serious questions by the way.

The jag v12 is there for no other reason other than I bought it on ebay! I never thought of using anything else, in hindsight i wish I had gone for a merc v12, but there you are.
As I said the brakes will go, but not yet.. They look even smaller because of the 19" rims. They are not that small, an at least the same size as my Gt4, it also has ABS.

Any idea what it weighs at the moment & what it might end up weighing Nick?

Hi Iain
When I left the UK it weighed 1200kg, sadly whilst in Bahrain it put on quite a lot of weight. I would think its probably more like 1600kg now. But When I have remade the front that should drop right down. Some of the bonnet is over an inch thick! I will be happy with around 1300-1400 kgs i guess

Hi Iain
When I left the UK it weighed 1200kg, sadly whilst in Bahrain it put on quite a lot of weight. I would think its probably more like 1600kg now. But When I have remade the front that should drop right down. Some of the bonnet is over an inch thick! I will be happy with around 1300-1400 kgs i guess

That's much more than I thought it would be :shocked: ....is the Jag engine an Iron block ?

The jag engine is HORRENDOUSLY heavy, its aluminium but weighs 700 lbs. there is very little weight in the rest of the car,

Interesting. Nobody seems to be quite sure of the exact figure but best guesses are that that's areound what a 308/328 engine & transmission weighs, maybe a bit less even

I would think its probably more like 1600kg now. But When I have remade the front that should drop right down. Some of the bonnet is over an inch thick! I will be happy with around 1300-1400 kgs i guess

The jag engine is HORRENDOUSLY heavy, its aluminium but weighs 700 lbs. there is very little weight in the rest of the car,

700lbs is only 320kg, so the "rest of the car" must weight 1250kg+, that is hardly "very little weight". Something is not adding up.

700lbs is only 320kg, so the "rest of the car" must weight 1250kg+, that is hardly "very little weight". Something is not adding up.

Maybe 700 lbs is wrong, I really dont know. Just went by a google search
1989.jpg

My mistake, the car weighed 1075kg the rear weighed 688lbs per axle the front 497 lbs