What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Russ's Cafe Bar

Well the weather looks good for weekend, coffee and sausage sandwiches it is, Woody can pay:grin:
As Im being dragged to the NEC the day before looking at the camping and caravan show:cry:

I ain’t saying you’re tight Paul but I’ve seen you peel an orange in your pocket :grin:

I’ll bring my fiver if I have to, should cover it ? :hmmm:

I don't know about you guys but growing up as a kid I always watched Magnum PI to get a glimpse of my favourite ferrari, it was my wall poster and I never missed an episode as I waited for a glimpse of that ferrari Red.
Now TOM selleck sadly finished playing the part of magnum many years ago and the robin masters estate has been bulldozed down, but if you still fancy seeing a few flashes of the New ferrari's wiz by then the new series of Magnum is out on the internet to view from CBS, I'm up to episode 6 series 1.

Here is a promotional clip from CBS on you tube.
If you want a link to watch the actual series PM me as don't want to get CS in trouble.

https://youtu.be/DopL6LdM-zg

I would say it's not for the purist, but entertaining never the less:thumbsup:

Now the job list on the car is done for the winter (I'm not doing those "lovely" suspension bushes again!!!), a little time to tidy the garage...a few more pics up and some shelves for a few models!

IMG_2108.jpg

Now the job list on the car is done for the winter (I'm not doing those "lovely" suspension bushes again!!!), a little time to tidy the garage...a few more pics up and some shelves for a few models!

Looks good in there :thumbsup:

What models do you have? I've just got the 348 but think a collection always adds something to a garage. Think it's the big kid in me :)

View attachment 153744

Looking good Adrian :thumbsup:

I never use my car cover as I'm frequently in the garage and like to look at the car whenever I'm in there. Keep a feather duster for a once over before it comes out to play.

There's probably a big dehumidifier type debate to be had about using a cover or not :hide:

Mines snuggled up ,although was out in anger on Boxing day
1af268d460e03d082f4850c561231609.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looking good Adrian :thumbsup:

I never use my car cover as I'm frequently in the garage and like to look at the car whenever I'm in there. Keep a feather duster for a once over before it comes out to play.

There's probably a big dehumidifier type debate to be had about using a cover or not :hide:

Loose breathable and you’re fine - just as long as any moisture can get out to be mopped up by your dehumidifier ......... :laugh:

Belt and braces here, although the bubble is for golf balls rather than dust. Do find it’s best to use a cover inside a carcoon as when it inflates it moves over the car slightly and I found over time it takes the shine off the edges of the car.

221C9623-FC98-4940-AE1D-58D0878DF623.jpg

Nos, I've only got a few models collected over the years from various sources, Bburago (250GTO, Diablo, F40, Testerrosa, 312P, FXXk and 348 and one minchamp Fiat X1/9 (my first every car)). So I put the F40, Testerossa and FXXK in the garage, rest are in my study :grin:

Covers needed as part of the garage is a workshop that I use, and the garage is a bit drafty so gets a surprising amount of dust in it. I only use a cotton cover; I'd never use a plastic cover, that just traps the condensation in the car! I thought about a dehumidifier, but I'd basically be dehumidifier the great outdoors!!!!:laugh: The other part of the garage I use as a small gym so put a little heater directed under the car when I'm doing something, so I just hope that keeps it reasonably dry. It also gets started up every couple of weeks and run until the fans kick in.

Bring on dry salt free roads...!

I wish I had space. I use a cover for many reasons.
  1. Brushing (or rather squeezing) past it to access my consumer unit.
  2. It's often used as a temporary storage shelf when removing things from the Freezer.
  3. Keeps off dust.
As you can see it is tight and full of many other things not meant to be there including me.

IMG_2585 (Edited) (Large).jpg

I envy all the other garages I see :cry:

I envy all the other garages I see :cry:

Wasn’t always in the situation I am now garage-wise, Malc, used to have to climb out of the roof to get out of the car in the garage! Just got a bit lucky and have a particularly understanding wife. This is our original house and original garage:

4C4F46FD-4D26-43FC-8D1D-E1511C30C5D5.jpg

F93616D3-D45B-439F-B1EF-0D47C0F26570.jpg

We’re right on the fields so spoke to our local friendly farmer who sold me a patch of land 5 times the size of our original plot for £3k. New land is bordered in red:

399A65CF-6DDE-4377-A86E-9B158C0468B5.jpg

Asked my wife if she minded me putting a “smallish garage” on there which she agreed to........so I did:

12D0ED82-74DD-4482-9C1E-EC5E53904D2B.jpg

Ok, it’s about the size of our house but I did tell her I hadn’t specified exactly what I meant by “smallish”. She noticed on the plans it had an upstairs that was marked ‘storage’ and asked what I would store up there. At this point I think she gave up :grin:

0FBEB72F-AFA7-4D5F-AF08-F2A1A76D56CB.jpg

So you just need a farmer who frankly doesn’t need the money and has so much land the odd half acre going makes absolutely zero difference to him and a very understanding wife :)

Winter.jpg

I've got two garages - one is a large-ish normal garage (i.e. fits a 5 series estate, plus other junk), and this is my other garage. It's an old sorting office, so has a sink, running water, central heating and a toilet - magic :grin:

The two cars at the front can get out on their own, the car at the back (currently the 550) can't get out without moving the other two - hence it's only used for winter storage. The 550 lives in the first garage in the summer, and the 5 series either lives at the back of the second garage, or on the drive if I'm needing it.

Bit of a faff to have to move cars to get at others, but no space/land to do anything about it sadly

1/2 acre for £3k....bloody hell...land our way is about £20k an acre now.

Unless off course you have land adjacent to Dyson's new electric car facility, and then you might as well order that 488 up!!

1/2 acre for £3k....bloody hell...land our way is about £20k an acre now.

Unless off course you have land adjacent to Dyson's new electric car facility, and then you might as well order that 488 up!!

Nope, our land is adjacent to Dyson’s farm - Beeswax Dyson Farming. In fact I walk on his estate most days :)

From the top of the steps up the outside of the garage I look out over his estate:

AEE17A74-AF85-477D-BE6C-FE81E03154FB.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Malc and me are the winners of a smallest garage award,the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves:grin:
You have a very understanding wife's Pete, Gordon you lucky buggers:thumbsup:

Nope, our land is adjacent to Dyson’s farm - Beeswax Dyson Farming. In fact I walk on his estate most days :)

From the top of the steps up the outside of the garage I look out over his estate:

View attachment 153788

Lovely view :thumbsup:

Dyson has/is redeveloped a couple of hangers near us, which are well tucked away and bought the runway to develop his electric car. Apparently he is also buying up all the land around so nobody can snoop. Fair enough if you can; also good for us and it means it wont get developed on.

Isn't he something like the 2nd biggest land owner in the Uk after Queenie? Apparently he is also a Ferrari owner, so maybe he would lend CS his track for some fun :laugh::laugh::laugh: