What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Russ's Cafe Bar

Isn't he something like the 2nd biggest land owner in the Uk after Queenie? Apparently he is also a Ferrari owner, so maybe he would lend CS his track for some fun :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep, he owns loads of land up here in Lincolnshire now. Seems like he’s a good bloke, when he setup his farm just south of us he built a nice gym for his workers to use, but also lets the kids from the local primary schools use it for lessons as well as most of the schools are too small to have their own. My youngest goes there for PE every week. Just a jesture I guess but the sort of thing he didn’t have to do.

Looks like Malc and me are the winners of a smallest garage award,the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves:grin:
You have a very understanding wife's Pete, Gordon you lucky buggers:thumbsup:

Hear hear :laugh:
I was going to buy a bigger house with two garages but I'd have had to sell my Ferrari :tongue3:

Lovely view :thumbsup:

Dyson has/is redeveloped a couple of hangers near us, which are well tucked away and bought the runway to develop his electric car. Apparently he is also buying up all the land around so nobody can snoop. Fair enough if you can; also good for us and it means it wont get developed on.

Isn't he something like the 2nd biggest land owner in the Uk after Queenie? Apparently he is also a Ferrari owner, so maybe he would lend CS his track for some fun :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought Peel Holdings was up there with land owners. They own an awful lot of the North West I believe. Anyway

https://www.countrylife.co.uk/country-life/who-owns-britain-top-uk-landowners-20178

This weeks little job! Also a good excuse to get the wheels off and clean up the suspension from all the road grim from the last couple of weekends runs :thumbsup:

Just hoping the new O2 sensors turn up in time for next weekends jaunt down to Haynes on Sunday; else I'll have to put the old ones back in temporarily.

It would appear that they are available from Eurocarparts, with a nice discount (they are almost like DFS...always a sale :laugh:) for circa £45 each :thumbsup: Better than Ferraris et all at circa £200. (just hope they are the correct ones!)

exhaust.jpg

This weeks little job! Also a good excuse to get the wheels off and clean up the suspension from all the road grim from the last couple of weekends runs :thumbsup:

Just hoping the new O2 sensors turn up in time for next weekends jaunt down to Haynes on Sunday; else I'll have to put the old ones back in temporarily.

It would appear that they are available from Eurocarparts, with a nice discount (they are almost like DFS...always a sale :laugh:) for circa £45 each :thumbsup: Better than Ferraris et all at circa £200. (just hope they are the correct ones!)

View attachment 154069

Oww, Nice new shinny parts.

Hopefully see you at Haynes next week. I say hopefully cause its a Sunday morning and anything can happen.:wink3:

Oww, Nice new shinny parts.

Hopefully see you at Haynes next week. I say hopefully cause its a Sunday morning and anything can happen.:wink3:

Hope you make it; looking forward to seeing the new toy.

If your going melksham way drop me a line; we can make s run if it.

Aston day?

Is it national drive your Aston Martin day today or something?

Drove down to Southampton and must have seen at least 20 on the m4/a34 on the way down.

Or are they; god forbid,becoming like 911s; like dog pooh,one on every street corner?

Is it national drive your Aston Martin day today or something?

Drove down to Southampton and must have seen at least 20 on the m4/a34 on the way down.

Or are they; god forbid,becoming like 911s; like dog pooh,one on every street corner?
Its Aston day at Beaulieu today. Yes they are as common as dog poo[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I bought a cheap Z3 last year. Intention is to use it as a daily in the spring/summer. I have been using it for a few weeks. Love it, however it has a few issues of which one I have just fixed. Airbag light was an advisory on the MOT which was done prior to me buying the car. I told the seller to fix it, which he did. It was lit up permanently :laugh:

BMW or rather eBay sellers, sell a tool to reset it but of course only after it has been fixed. Much like the Alfa I had before the under seat connections play up.

So I bought the tool (uses OBD and a converter plug for mine) and a seat belt bypass device. Sunday I used the tool and the light cleared and only lights up when you first turn the ignition on.

The fault shown suggested there has been a voltage problem with the system. I'm guessing something (bulb perhaps) was previously removed. I guess whatever caused it to be removed/switched off will rear its ugly head at some point but for now I'm dash light free.

I bought a cheap Z3 last year. Intention is to use it as a daily in the spring/summer. I have been using it for a few weeks. Love it, however it has a few issues of which one I have just fixed. Airbag light was an advisory on the MOT which was done prior to me buying the car. I told the seller to fix it, which he did. It was lit up permanently :laugh:

BMW or rather eBay sellers, sell a tool to reset it but of course only after it has been fixed. Much like the Alfa I had before the under seat connections play up.

So I bought the tool (uses OBD and a converter plug for mine) and a seat belt bypass device. Sunday I used the tool and the light cleared and only lights up when you first turn the ignition on.

The fault shown suggested there has been a voltage problem with the system. I'm guessing something (bulb perhaps) was previously removed. I guess whatever caused it to be removed/switched off will rear its ugly head at some point but for now I'm dash light free.

If it's the same system as the first gen BMW Minis (which I bet it probably is) if the under-seat connectors keep playing up, a 3.9ohm resistor soldered across the cable will stop the light coming on if you disconnect the plugs.

I removed the OEM seats on my Mini and replaced them with buckets, and disconnected the seat airbag plug and the seatbelt tensioner one. With the resistors fitted in place, the airbag light stays off

Had similar on an old 5 series, long ongoing sage that one!

There is a far simpler fix to this one though...just take the bulb out! No more warning light to worry about :thumbsup:

If it's the same system as the first gen BMW Minis (which I bet it probably is) if the under-seat connectors keep playing up, a 3.9ohm resistor soldered across the cable will stop the light coming on if you disconnect the plugs.

I removed the OEM seats on my Mini and replaced them with buckets, and disconnected the seat airbag plug and the seatbelt tensioner one. With the resistors fitted in place, the airbag light stays off
I think a few marques probably had the issue. Two of the three Alfas I owned had the very same common problem. Alfa fixed it later by saying WDGAF if a passenger is in or out we will ignite the airbag on impact anyway.

Had similar on an old 5 series, long ongoing sage that one!

There is a far simpler fix to this one though...just take the bulb out! No more warning light to worry about :thumbsup:

I believe that was where it started. As mentioned I picked the advisory on the MOT up, then asked him to fix it. :thumbsup:

was watching bangers and cash the other day on a repeat and noticed in one of the cars for sale one of these ??
an early air fresher for your car in the late 80'S haven't seen these in years and years, apparently they go for a £1 now on Ebay empty/used
New and genuine in the box more than £10 upwards:laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• air freshener.JPG
    air freshener.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 91
was watching bangers and cash the other day on a repeat and noticed in one of the cars for sale one of these ??
an early air fresher for your car in the late 80'S haven't seen these in years and years, apparently they go for a £1 now on Ebay empty/used
New and genuine in the box more than £10 upwards:laugh::laugh:

That's even without 'Ferrari Tax' :laugh:

Makes me think back though, no way it'd still be around but for some reason I'd love to find and buy back my first car. It was a sky blue Ford Fiesta 950L (ie less than 1 litre). It was basically crap in just about every way but would love to have it back.

My first car was also a Fiesta 950L but yellow. Paid £1,950, ran for a year and sold for £2,200. Replaced it with a white Supersport with red stripes.

My first car was also a Fiesta 950L but yellow. Paid £1,950, ran for a year and sold for £2,200. Replaced it with a white Supersport with red stripes.

They were good cars to start out with, especially as I was forever having to fix the thing :laugh: Did mean you learned about how to fix them pretty quickly though. Haynes Manual, couple of screwdrivers and spanners and you were sorted.

Wouldn’t mind my first car back either. Was about 10 years old when I bought it for $3k. I eventually bounced it off a tree at some speed and sold it to a friend to be restored! Think it ended up in the scrapper.

Looking back it was a choice between the x1/9, 914 and a 240z!!! Oh how I wish I had all three now.

My best was a Honda Civic I had, bought for $50, did a lot of non-competitive rallying in that; great fun. Put a conrad through the engine block and used it as trade in; still ran on 3 cylinders; if a bit of a rattle! :laugh: Would like that car back as well!

9D103343-5416-4A32-BCC3-3FBBB281E034.jpg

Last edited:
Iwonder how many people crashed an X19 looking at the speedo and rev counter ? (For those who dont know, the speedo and rev counter needles went in seperate directions) The challenge was to get the speedo and rev counter needles pointing at eachother :laugh:.

North American spec ones were "normal". Challenge for us was breaking your 100mph cherry whist taking a picture :grin: Invincible at 16 :laugh::thumbsup:

speed.jpg